A non-profit community-based organization that is committed in addressing the immigration, integration, education, health, housing, social service, culture, and economic development needs of Somali Canadians and other immigrants in Canada through programs, service and advocacy.
In extension to our existing settlement program, SIAO has incorporated services directly targeted to newcomer youth aged 15-24 years old. Programs are specifically tailored to assist immigrant youth with their settlement and integration process in Canada. Through this program, youth gain life skills, academic guidance, one-on-one counseling and youth-centered activities that are interactive and culturally sensitive in a safe space.
- Future/Goal Mapping
- Workshops geared at further skill development
- Employment Resources
- Recreational activities
- Volunteer Placement
- Homework Help
- Age 15-24 years old
- Permanent Residents of Canada
- Protected Persons
- Individuals selected, inside or outside Canada, to become permanent residents (pending verification) and who have been informed.
- Convention Refugees and protected persons outside of Canada who have been selected for resettlement in Canada.
- Live-in Caregivers: Temporary foreign workers who hold or received approval of a work permit are eligible for all settlement services with exception of language training.
* Refer to Events for a list of upcoming workshops
If You Seek Our Support
Our current work focuses on building community capacity